Fruchoc Rocky Road
If you’re a sucker for this SA choccy icon then you are going to LOVE this rocky road. Full of fruchocs, lollies, nuts and marshmallows, it’s a chunky and sweet delight.
This recipe can also be easily modified- just take out what you don’t like and add something else. Pretzels, salted peanuts, raspberry lollies- the list goes on.
- 1 packet of 350gram fruchocs (cut half of the bag in half)
- 2 packets of 225gram Cadbury dairy milk melts
- 2 handfuls of mini marshmallows
- 1 bag of Allens Lolly snakes
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts/peanuts
- Chop up the lolly snakes into bite sized pieces. Cut half the amount of the fruchocs in half.
- In a bowl, place snakes, marshmallows, nuts and fruchocs.
- In a bain marie, melt the chocolate over a low heat until it’s all melted (on this occasion I melted my chocolate in a Pyrex jug, melting it in small amounts to avoid burning it).
- Once melted, stir the chocolate into the lolly mixture, covering it well.
- Pour the mixture into a small baking dish lined with baking paper. I used a square cake tin which made the rocky road approx 1cm high.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!