bananas. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with them. sometimes I love them and think they are delicious and other times I won’t touch them unless they are part of a fondue set. they generally go gross when sitting in my fruit bowl at home so they generally get thrown into a cake batter.
recently I found this awesome banana muffin recipe from bestrecipes.com.au– it is super easy so kids can get involved and bakes really quick so you won’t be left waiting forever. which is hard to do anyways because your house will be left smelling divine! I also add walnuts to the mix to beef it up a bit.
Easy Peasy Banana Muffins
- 2 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas- squished with a fork
+ I use 2/3 cup chopped walnuts in the mixture (add at the end before putting into muffin tin) and sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon on top before baking.
- Pre heat oven to 180C. Grease a 12 hole muffin pan (depending on size of pan you may need more)
- Combine milk, egg, margarine, vanilla and bananas. Mix well in a mixing jug or seperate bowl.
- Place flour and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in milk mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased muffin tray.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at until golden brown.