looking for a super easy, super quick salad recipe that’s a little bit different to the leafy greens number but still delicious and good for you?
well put this pesto pasta salad on your list and whip it out when your next BBQ or lunch gathering comes along. this one is a slight tweak on a recipe from taste.com.au and uses my favourite Willunga Pasta. It’s full of fresh and light flavours- perfect for this warmer weather! Even better is that it keeps really well, so you can snack on the left overs for a couple of days without any worries (that’s if there is any!)
Willunga Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 packet of Willunga Pasta- gluten free beetroot spirals
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 medium sized red capsicum, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 good handfuls of baby spinach
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- 250 grams of mini roma tomatoes, sliced (I used a little less)
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil pesto (I used a tad more)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- edible flowers (optional)
- Cook pasta according to instructions on pack.
- Once cooked, drain in colander and refresh under cold water. Once cool, chop up roughly so spirals are a bit smaller.
- Place pasta, olives, capsicum, onion, spinach, basil leaves, tomato and avocado in a bowl or air tight container. Cover.
- Place pesto and lemon juice in a small airtight container. Season well with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, combine both the pasta mixture and the pesto mixture.