Roast Pumpkin, Zucchini, Chicken and Baby French Kale Salad
The warmer weather is here, which means it’s the perfect time for salads! This little beauty is packed full of goodness, is great on its own or as a side at a BBQ.
- 1 bag Baby French Kale (I’ve also used baby spinach as a alternative and it tastes great)
- 1 cooked roast chicken, shredded
- 1/2 medium sized butternut pumpkin, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut in half and sliced lengthways
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Small block of feta (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Place slices of pumpkin and zucchini on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and use hands to coat the veggies in the oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake vegetables for approx 30 minutes, or until pumpkin is soft and caramelised.
- Once cooked take the vegetables out of the oven to cool. One cool cut up the pumpkin into cubes (remove skin) and cut up the zucchini into pieces.
- Gently combine pumpkin, zucchini, chicken and Kale leaves in a bowl.
- Once combined crumble the feta over the salad and add pine nuts.
- Enjoy! Can be eaten warm or cold.
Note: If you’re strapped for time the par cook the pumpkin before roasting it and buy a roast chook from the shops. When it comes to the feta I use around 1/3 of a block of Danish Feta. Easy as!