It’s strawberry season, and I am very excited. Strawberries are one of my most favourite fruits, and no it’s not just because they are perfect dipped in chocolate or in a big jug of PIMS.
I had some left over strawberries the other day that were a tad too ugly and soft to eat on their own and I came across this delicious muffin recipe on Taste.com.au. The muffins are super soft, full of flavour and the chunks of apple add a nice little twist. Their best to be eaten on the day and make the perfect lunch box snack.
mini strawberry + apple muffins
• 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I added extra as I love cinnamon)
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt (I used Chobani Plain Yoghurt non fat)
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/3 cup canola oil (I used veg oil)
• 1/4 cup finely chopped apple (I used almost ¾ of a pink lady)
• 1/4 cup finely chopped strawberries (I used about 7 strawberries chopped
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease muffin pans or line with mini patty pans (the recipe states it will make 24) Place the sifted flour, cinnamon and brown sugar in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
Place the yoghurt, milk, lightly beaten egg, oil, apple and strawberries in a separate bowl and mix until well combined.
Pour the yoghurt mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a large spoon until just combined.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin/patty pans. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
This recipe came from the lovely people at taste.com- you can see the original here.