Ginger Bread Men
These biscuits are delicious and remind me of Christmas. You can thank my mum for this recipe (I have a feeling she sourced it from a Betty Crocker cookbook). They’re super quick and easy to make and make around 2 dozen depending on what cookie cutters you use.
- 125 grams butter- at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- smarties or m&ms
- Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy.
- Beat in sugar and egg yolk.
- Stir in flour, ginger, mixed spice and bicarb soda.
- Mix with wooden spoon and kneed until soft if required. Make sure that surface is floured to avoid the dough sticking to the bench.
- Roll out dough on floured bench until dough is approx 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut out gingerbread using a cookie cutter.
- Place on a greased (or baking paper if preferred) baking tray.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes or until golden brown. If you like them a bit softer then take them out a tad earlier.
- Cool on baking tray and DEVOUR!