Chocolate Nutella Cupcakes with Chocolate Mousse Icing
Chocolate lovers this ones for you! This recipe is super easy and tastes an absolute treat. I used packet mix for this one, but love this recipe from Taste.com if you’re up to making cupcakes from scratch.
- 1 packet of White Wings chocolate cupcake mix or any chocolate cupcake mix of your choice (remember that depending on the mix you will need a quantity of eggs, margarine and milk)
- 1x 375mls thickened cream
- 3 tablespoons nutella
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 block of Cadbury Hazelnut chocolate
- Cook the chocolate cupcakes according to directions on the pack. Once cooked, allow to cool completely on a baking tray. Make a small hole in the top of the cupcake (I used a butter knife to make the hole)
- Once cooled, place Nutella into a piping bag with a thin nozzle. Pipe a small amount of the Nutella into the hole until it comes out of the top.
- In a mixing bowl pour in the cream. Using a electric mixer, mix cream until it becomes thick. Add chocolate icing mix (from cupcake mix) and the icing sugar. Mix until it is well combined.
If you are not using a packet cupcake mix, use cream and icing sugar and a small amount of cocoa.
- Place cream mixture into a piping bag and pipe the cream on top of the cupcakes.
- Break the chocolate into squares. Place one square on top of the icing mixture. You’ll have lots of chocolate left over- you can keep that for yourself.
- Keep in the fridge until you are ready to eat them.