Super easy Pulled Pork Burrito Bowls
There’s nothing I love more than a really easy dinner (lies, I also love dogs, wine and chocolate). Seriously though, there’s nothing better than coming home from work and whipping up a dinner that takes less than 10 minutes and makes minimal mess.
These burrito bowls are super easy to make and almost anything can be added to them depending on what you like. We used our favourite SA smoked meat brand ‘Slo Moes’ at home Pulled Pork. It’s smokey, chunky and so damn delicious and is available to purchase from selected SA retailers (see their website for details).
- 1 packet of Moes at home Pulled Pork
- 1 can of tinned corn kernels
- 1 packet of Uncle Bens Mexican Brown Rice
- 1 cucumber, cubed/sliced
- 1 tin of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 1 packet of corn chips
- Heat the pork according to the directions on the pack. We chose to microwave the meat as it was quicker (we were hungry).
- Whilst heating the meat, place the beans into a frypan that has been sprayed lightly with olive oil. Place the beans in the pan on a medium heat until warmed through. Add the corn if you want the corn to also be warmed, or keep it to the side if you want it fresh.
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the pack.
- Place the vegetables, rice, beans, a handful of corn chips and pulled pork in the bowl. All jalapenos if you like a bit of a kick.